Campbell County was established in 1806 from land taken from Anderson and Claiborne counties. It was named after Colonel Arthur Campbell, a Revolutionary War soldier. The town of Jacksboro was founded in 1807 and it became the county seat. The most prominent resource that transformed the economics of the county was coal mining and many men in the county found employment in the coal mines, while women worked in the growing textile industry. For more information on Campbell County, please go to the Tennessee Encyclopedia of History & Culture website.
|Farm Name||County||Date Founded||Special Recognition|
|Black Bill Baird Place||Campbell||1873|
|Sharp-Condry Farm (see Sharp-Hunter)||Campbell||1841|
|Sharp-Hunter Farm (see Sharp-Condry)||Campbell||1841|