Dickson County

Dickson County Map

This map is intended for general geographical understanding. It does not provide the specific locations of the farms in order to protect the owners’ privacy. Map Courtesy of Carole Swann, Tennessee Department of Agriculture.

Dickson County was formed in 1803 from the counties of Montgomery and Robertson and named for Congressman William Dickson, a Nashville physician. Charlotte, the county seat, has the oldest courthouse in the state which was built in 1832. Dickson County was once a leading antebellum iron producer in Tennessee and was also the county where the founders of the Cumberland Presbytery established the Cumberland Presbyterian Church. The county is also home to Montgomery Bell State Park, a major recreation area that was established as a project of the National Park Service and the Civilian Conservation Corps during the New Deal. For more information regarding Dickson County, please go to the Tennessee Encyclopedia of History & Culture website.

Farm NameCountyDate FoundedSpecial Recognition
Fussell Farm Dickson 1880
Harrell's Farm Dickson 1875
Hickory Hill Farm Dickson 1869
Holland Berry Farm Dickson 1873
Hooper Farms Dickson 1906
Howell Century Farm Dickson 1860
Hunter Farm Dickson 1840
J. Wellington DePriest Farm Dickson 1835 NR
Jordan-McIntire Farm Dickson 1860
Larkins Farm Dickson 1787 Pioneer Century Farm