Dickson County

Dickson County Map

This map is intended for general geographical understanding. It does not provide the specific locations of the farms in order to protect the owners’ privacy. Map Courtesy of Carole Swann, Tennessee Department of Agriculture.

Dickson County was formed in 1803 from the counties of Montgomery and Robertson and named for Congressman William Dickson, a Nashville physician. Charlotte, the county seat, has the oldest courthouse in the state which was built in 1832. Dickson County was once a leading antebellum iron producer in Tennessee and was also the county where the founders of the Cumberland Presbytery established the Cumberland Presbyterian Church. The county is also home to Montgomery Bell State Park, a major recreation area that was established as a project of the National Park Service and the Civilian Conservation Corps during the New Deal. For more information regarding Dickson County, please go to the Tennessee Encyclopedia of History & Culture website.

Farm NameCountyDate FoundedSpecial Recognition
Loggins Farm Dickson 1898
Lunn Family Farm Dickson 1916
Miller Farm Dickson 1881 NR
Neblett Place Farm Dickson 1893 NR
Noland Farms Dickson 1917
Piney River Farm Dickson 1900
Rocky Top Farm Dickson 1908
Spring Forrest Farm Dickson 1808
Steele Farm Dickson 1866
Stone Hollow Farm Dickson 1905