Dickson County was formed in 1803 from the counties of Montgomery and Robertson and named for Congressman William Dickson, a Nashville physician. Charlotte, the county seat, has the oldest courthouse in the state which was built in 1832. Dickson County was once a leading antebellum iron producer in Tennessee and was also the county where the founders of the Cumberland Presbytery established the Cumberland Presbyterian Church. The county is also home to Montgomery Bell State Park, a major recreation area that was established as a project of the National Park Service and the Civilian Conservation Corps during the New Deal. For more information regarding Dickson County, please go to the Tennessee Encyclopedia of History & Culture website.
|Farm Name||County||Date Founded||Special Recognition|
|Lunn Family Farm||Dickson||1916|
|Neblett Place Farm||Dickson||1893||NR|
|Piney River Farm||Dickson||1900|
|Rocky Top Farm||Dickson||1908|
|Spring Forrest Farm||Dickson||1808|
|Stone Hollow Farm||Dickson||1905|