Gibson County

Gibson County Map

This map is intended for general geographical understanding. It does not provide the specific locations of the farms in order to protect the owners’ privacy. Map Courtesy of Carole Swann, Tennessee Department of Agriculture.

Gibson County was established in 1823 and named in honor of Colonel John H. Gibson, who served under Andrew Jackson in the Natchez campaign, the Creek Wars, and the New Orleans campaign. The county seat is Trenton, and it is the home of the world’s largest collection of Veilleuse-Thieres porcelain pieces. The county is also home to the West Tennessee Strawberry Festival that has been held in Humboldt since 1934. In addition, Gibson County has the restored last Tennessee home of Davy Crockett, who lived in the county when he announced his candidacy for his term in the U. S. House of Representatives. For more information regarding Gibson County, please go to the Tennessee Encyclopedia of History & Culture website.

Farm NameCountyDate FoundedSpecial Recognition
Kings Chapel Farm Gibson 1909
Lancaster Farms Gibson 1869
Mayfield Farm Gibson 1910
McDaniel Farms Gibson 1913
McDougald Farm Gibson 1912
Norman Farm Gibson 1847
Old Browning Place Gibson 1873
Paris Manor Gibson 1899
Partee Farms Gibson 1846
PB Edmonds Farms Gibson 1858