Gibson County

Gibson County Map

This map is intended for general geographical understanding. It does not provide the specific locations of the farms in order to protect the owners’ privacy. Map Courtesy of Carole Swann, Tennessee Department of Agriculture.

Gibson County was established in 1823 and named in honor of Colonel John H. Gibson, who served under Andrew Jackson in the Natchez campaign, the Creek Wars, and the New Orleans campaign. The county seat is Trenton, and it is the home of the world’s largest collection of Veilleuse-Thieres porcelain pieces. The county is also home to the West Tennessee Strawberry Festival that has been held in Humboldt since 1934. In addition, Gibson County has the restored last Tennessee home of Davy Crockett, who lived in the county when he announced his candidacy for his term in the U. S. House of Representatives. For more information regarding Gibson County, please go to the Tennessee Encyclopedia of History & Culture website.

Farm NameCountyDate FoundedSpecial Recognition
Penn Farm Gibson 1870
Penn-Wilson Farm Gibson 1905
Pinkerton Farm Gibson 1912
Pope Farms Gibson 1866
Proctor Farm Gibson 1880
Raines' Farm Gibson 1848
Reed Farm Gibson 1885
Robinson Farm Gibson 1894
Robinson Goodman Farm Gibson 1870
Schoonover Davidson Farm Gibson 1913