Henderson County was established in 1821 and was named for Colonel James Henderson, who served under Andrew Jackson and commanded Tennessee troops at the Battle of New Orleans. The county seat is Lexington and it is the highest in elevation of all the West Tennessee county seats. During the Civil War, Lexington and Parker’s Crossroads were battle sites during General Nathan Bedford Forrest’s West Tennessee Campaign of 1862. For more information regarding Henderson County, please go to the Tennessee Encyclopedia of History & Culture website.
|Farm Name||County||Date Founded||Special Recognition|
|White Anderson Farms||Henderson||1882|