For a brief historical sketch of each farm, click on the farm name.
Blue Rock Shoals Farm
Four Hills Farm
Mathis Angus Farm I
Mathis Angus Farm II
Mule Farmer Ranch
Nichols Creekside Farm
Prince Lane Farm
Royal Oaks Farm
Spring Mount Farm
Tim Mathis Farm
The following map is for a general geographical understanding. It does not provide the specific locations of the farms because of privacy reasons.
Map courtesy of Carole Swann, Tennessee Department of Agriculture
Leonard T. Aydelott
Prince H. Aydelott
J. Horace Aydelott
Sometime before 1896, William D. Aydelott founded the
Aydelott Farm that is located in the
After the death of his father, L.W. (Leonard Wright)
Aydelott became the owner of the farm. While L. W. managed the farm, he also
served 54 consecutive years as a
In 1974, the farm was divided between L.W.’s sons. Today, Leonard T. Aydelott, Prince H. Aydelott and J. Horace Aydelott own the farm. Today, the original house of the founder stands and is the residence of the present owner, L. T. Aydelott the grandson of William D. Aydelott. In addition, the barn where W. D. Aydelott was killed by a bull remains standing.
Photo: This old barn on the Aydelott Farm is still used to store hay.
Blue Rock Shoals Farm
Hezekiah M. Springer
Reda Floyed Springer
The Blue Rock Shoals Farm was founded in 1854 by James Morgan
Flowers and his wife Sarah Hungerford Flowers. The 95 acres yielded wheat,
peanuts and corn and also supported cattle and hogs. A still house operated for
many years at the spring on this property and the area retains the name of
“Still House Hollow.” Over the years,
land from the farm was given for the
The current owners are Hezekiah M. and Reda Floyed Springer. Mrs. Springer is the fourth generation of her family to own and live on this farm. Highway construction has affected the landscape of the farm and surrounding area over the years. In 1963 new Highway 50 was constructed through a part of the farm and all of the old farm buildings were removed to make way for that corridor. Interstate 40 runs just five miles from the farm. Today, the owners as well as their daughter, Mitzi Springer Williams and her family live on the farm where corn, soybeans, and hay are raised.
Irene and Lester Harvill
The second generation owners was James Clinton Carothers and his wife Molly Hassell. The parents of five children, the Hassells farmed 2,200 acres of land and raised corn, wheat and livestock.
In 1919, the current family owners obtained about 700 acres of the original farm. Now owning a total of 1,100 acres, they sharecrop the land with Lonnie Baker and produce soybeans, corn, timber. Few of the farm’s early buildings, save for a smokehouse and a portion of the residence, remain intact.
Four Hills Farm
Located on the
Granville and his wife Jennie Catherine Thompson Hickman had one child, Mary Hill Hickman Horner. Mary, married to Ted Horner, became the third generation to own the land in 1959. While maintaining the farm, the Horner family, including children Thetus and Nancy Carol, were active in the community. Mary served as a leader in the 4-H Congress while her children participated in the 4-H club. In addition, Mary joined the Farm Bureau women’s club, Home Demonstration Club, and Ted was a director in the Farm Bureau. Today, Mary and Thetus raise Angus cattle and hay. Nancy and her husband Duane P. Clark also own a part of the original farm tract. The farm house contains a log room in which Granville Hickman was born in 1884 and Mary in 1915. The graves of the founder, John Moore and Mary Sue Hickman are cared for by the generations of the family that live on this historic farm today.
Photo: The farmhouse on the Four Hills Farm
The Green View Valley Farm is nine miles northeast of
The founders’ grandson Lewis P. Totty, Jr., acquired his first tract if family land in 1884. Lewis and his first wife, Sue Bratton, retained the farm’s daily patterns of operations. After Sue’s death, Lewis married Addie Anderson in 1896. Although he fathered five children, only his sons Willie and Lewis reached adulthood.
In 1933, Willie C. Totty inherited approximately 70 acres. He and his wife Sallie Anderson added crops such as beans, hay and potatoes to the farm’s products. In 1955, the family land passed into the hands of one of their seven children, Cecil Totty, who now owns the property. Cecil and his family grow hay and corn and raise cattle and swine. Two rooms of the farm’s original log house and a log smokehouse, still stand at Green View Valley Farm. Today, Belinda Potts, the daughter of Willie Cecil Totty, owns the farm.
Cecil Wilson Luckett
The Luckett Farm was founded in 1893 when Athelia Adeline Hassell and her husband John Hardeman Hassell purchased 125 acres located near her parents, Zebulon Hassell III and Nancy Totty. John and Athelia had three children: Clara, who died at birth, Mary Z., and William Hardeman. Athelia outlived all of her children. She died in 1953 and is buried, along with her husband, in the Little Lot Methodist Cemetery.
The second owner of the farm was William Hardeman Hassell, who obtained the farm in 1928 through a life estate. Married to Minnie Bryant Easley, the couple had two children. Minnie suffered from tuberculosis, and four days after giving birth to her daughter, also named Minnie, she died. Eventually, William remarried and fathered three additional children. Livestock and field crops were raised on the farm during this time.
In 1954, a fourth cousin to Athelia and the great-great-great grandson of Zebulon Hassell II, Wilson Luckett and his wife, Clara (Tillie) acquired the property. Wilson, who has been a full-time farmer since 1944, has been an active community volunteer. He helped to establish Hickman County Farm Bureau memberships by going door to door.
Wilson and his father Britt, with whom he farmed for over forty
years, helped string the electric line and set poles for the Meriwether Lewis
Electric Cooperative and cleared right-of-ways for telephone lines when these
services were first offered.
The Lucketts had three children-namely, Stephen Wilson who died in infancy, Gayle, and Judy. Both daughters were active 4-H members. Two grandchildren of Wilson and Tillie, Amanda and James Mathis, were active 4-H members and showed prize-winning swine and cattle. James earned the State FFA degree, won 4-H Level II Swine at Round-Up, and received the 4-H VOL State Award. Wilson and Tillie remain the owners of the historic farm; and their daughter Gayle, her husband Gary Mathis and Gary’s brother Tim are involved in the day to day farming operation that produces cattle and hay (also, see Tim Mathis Farm and Mathis Angus Farms I and II).
Photo: The Sissy Hassell House.
James Washington Shouse
The Shouse family have been among Middle Tennessee’s most persistent advocates of progressive farming. The many organizations and government offices associated with modern agriculture-from the Farm Bureau to the local extension agency-provide farmers with a forum in which they can exchange ideas and information about successful agricultural practices. Throughout the generations, the Shouse family has regularly attended and participated in organizations that have improved the lives of twentieth century farmers.
The Maple Shade Farm dates to Jacob Shouse’s acquisition
of 60 acres, located three miles west of
In three separate transactions between 1900 and 1917, James D. Shouse obtained the family land. He transformed the farm into a modern progressive farm and in 1929 the Progressive Farmer magazine designated Shouse as a “Master Farmer.” Married twice, James fathered three children. The family raised corn, wheat, alfalfa, sheep, swine, chickens and cattle.
James Washington Shouse, Sr., acquired 190 acres of the farm in 1931. The great grandson of the founder, Shouse “was well known across the state as a leader in agriculture. He was with the Production Credit Association for many years” and served as president of the Hickman County Farm Bureau, the Hickman County Fair Board and the Meriwether Lewis Electric Cooperative. His crops included corn, wheat, soybeans, milo, hay and livestock.
James W. Shouse, Jr., who inherited the land in 1979, is the present owner of Maple Shade Farm. He tills 190 acres and raises the same commodities as his father, except for milo. The Shouses use several of the farm’s nineteenth century buildings-a log cabin, the main barn and the farmhouse-in their daily work.
Neil J. Martin
A diverse farming operation characterized the 100 acres owned by Enoch Granville Washington Martin in 1905 as it did most family farms at the turn of the twentieth century. With his wife, L. Frances Sullivan, and their nine children, the Martins raised corn, hay, and small grains for their farm animals and they produced dairy products as well as vegetables and fruits for their table.
Enoch’s brother, William Andrew Martin acquired the farm in 1913. He and his wife, Laura Agnes Jenkins had eight children and they continued the operation begun by his brother’s family.
The third owners were brothers M. J. and James A. Martin, sons of William and Laura, who farmed about 245 acres. M.J. Martin and his son, Neil J., farmed together for a number of years and Neil J. became the owner in 1961. Neil was a member of the Hickman County Chapter of FFA and was chapter president in 1960-61. He was awarded the American Farmer Degree in 1964, the first FFA member from Hickman County to receive this distinction.
genetics were first used in the Martin Farms beef herd in 1971 and it soon
became a member of the American Simmental Association.
With continuous use of Simmental genetics since that time, Martin Farms
is recognized as the “second oldest Simmental breeder in Tennessee.”
Neil and his sister, Betty Martin Young (Mrs. Walter) reside on the farm today. Neil makes his home in the house built by the founders, his great aunt and uncle. He also uses a barn built about 1948 for his cattle operation. Neil manages and operates the farm and his son, Chris, is also involved in some of the farm work. In 2011, Neil Martin placed his family farm in a permanent conservation easement with the Land Trust of Tennessee protecting the farm forever from commercial development.
Photo: Original livestock and hay barn built in 1948 by M. J. and James Martin, the owners at the time.
Mathis Angus Farm I
James “Jimmy” W. Mathis
In 1903, Harrell S. Coleman purchased 40 acres. Coleman was married first to Minna Hendrix with whom he had two children, and then to Mattie G. Coleman. He and Mattie were the parents of five children.
The second owners of the farm were Grady Mathis, the husband of Coleman’s niece Mamie Coleman Mathis, and Albert Coleman, Harrell's nephew. They and their families raised corn, wheat, cattle, hogs, and hay. Today, James W. “Jimmy” Mathis, son of Grady and Mamie Coleman Mathis, owns the farm with his wife Wilma.
According to the farm’s Century Farm application information,
farming has been the only life Jimmy has known.
He began plowing with a mule at age twelve and bought his first tractor
after graduating from
Today, Jimmy currently serves on the Hickman County Farm Bureau Board of Directors and as an elder at Twomey Church of Christ. He has been a long time member of the American Angus Association, Tennessee Cattleman's Association, and the Tennessee Pork Producers. He served as chairman of the Hickman County Agricultural Board and as a board member of the Tennessee Pork Producers and Hickman Farmer's Co-op.
Jimmy and his wife Wilma, a Totty’s
Photo: Jimmy Mathis, Hickman County Farm Bureau Junior Grand Champion Beef in 1948.
Mathis Angus Farm II
James “Jimmy” W. Mathis
In 1905 A.
Photo: A view of the landscape on the Mathis Farms.
Diane and Lonnie Garrett
Paul S. and Brownie Mayberry
The Mayberry-Garrett Farm was founded in 1859 by Peter
Simmons Mayberry, a veteran of the Mexican War.
Located 3 miles west of
Peter Simmon Mayberry II, became the next generation to own the farm. Peter and his wife Winnie Frances Breece had two children. Their son William Ivy Mayberry became the fourth generation to manage the farm. William and his wife Ollie Adele Spence had four children, Gill, Mildred, Paul, and Williams, Jr. Paul and Gill acquired the land in 1972. Under their ownership, the farm produced wheat, corn, sorghum, hay and soybeans and raised horses, cattle and chickens. Paul married Brownie Bates and Gill married Elizabeth Rochelle. Paul and his wife had three children and Gill and his wife had one.
Today, Paul and Brownie and daughter Diane Mayberry and her
husband Lonnie Garrett own the land. They continue to work the land producing
hay and cattle and they rent the bottom land for raising corn and soybeans. For the past 50 years, the Mayberrys have been
involved in farm organizations such as 4-H and FFA. The family has many
photographs and maintains a good collection of the family’s many contributions
Photo: A garden and Pecan Trees on the Mayberry-Garrett Farm.
Mule Farmer Ranch
Arlie S. Tidwell
New technology made available through
Tidwell married twice and fathered eleven children. In 1930, his son Arlie S. Tidwell purchased the farm. Acquiring 52 additional acres at a later date, Arlie and his wife Roberta Peeler operated this land for 53 years until Arlie’s death in 1983. They raised corn, hay, sorghum, cattle and swine. Arlie was a member of the Hickman County Court from 1942 to 1967. Currently, his son Carlos Ray Tidwell works the farm, producing corn, hay, beef cattle and sorghum. He stores a portion of his crops in a pre-Civil War slave cabin, which still stands on the property.
Ricky G. Neeley
Dee Cee Neeley
Founded by David Melton Duncan in 1861, the Neeley Farm sits along the Big Swan River. This 105-acre farm combined two tracts of land, the first 85 acres from John Sharp on Jan. 31, 1861, and 30 acres from J. A. Hines and wife on Jan. 25, 1883. On his land, Duncan raised corn, hay, peanuts, hogs, mules, cattle, timber and a garden. He and his wife, Mary Ann Whiteside, married in 1854 and had 11 children. According to the family, during the Civil War “Yankee soldiers camped up and down Swan Creek, and the Duncans protected their money by hiding it in the clock.”
After David and Mary’s death, the land was divided among their children. Through the years, D. C. “Tobe” Duncan purchased most of the farm. He and his siblings, J. W., George and Kesiah, raised broom corn, made brooms using an iron broom maker and sold them in town and to their neighbors. The three siblings never married and lived together on the farm until their deaths. Married to Jeannie Smith, D. C. had four children. After her death, D. C. married Tabitha George and had two more children.
The land went to auction after the death of D. C. Duncan. It was purchased by Cooper Duncan, D. C.’s oldest son. According to the family, Cooper’s wife did not want to live on the farm, so he sold it to his sister’s husband, Henry Stanley Neeley, in November 1927. He and his wife Claudia Duncan Neeley, had 10 children, seven of whom survived to adulthood. Just two years later, the stock market crashed leading to the Great Depression. According to the family, “times were hard.” Having a large family to support, the Neeleys canned their own food, churned butter, sold eggs, raised and slaughtered their cows and hogs, made lye soap and sheared sheep for the wool. The main crops on the farm were corn, wheat, hay, sorghum cane, tobacco, chickens, eggs and a garden. After Stanley’s death in 1958, Claudia gained control of the farm. In 1985, she transferred the deed to her children, Ed Neeley, Annie Brown Farais, Dee Cee Neeley, Bernice Proffitt and Mai Katherine Neeley.
The great-great-grandson of D. M. Duncan, Dee Cee, purchased the land from his siblings in 1997. Aside from the family farm, he also owns another 210 acres, 160 of which are used for farming. He currently raises horses, cattle and hay for feed. The land is also used for deer and turkey hunting and is known for its spring, which flows year-round. Dee Cee, 83, continues to manage the daily operations of the farm. He tends the pastures, keeps the hay cut and maintains the fences and buildings. The property has been placed in the Neeley Family Trust, meaning the farm will go to Dee Cee’s children, Pam Tenpenny and Ricky Neeley, and then to their children after their deaths.“He has a lifetime estate and recognized the importance of passing the farm on to family,” family members said.
Photo: Aerial view of the Neeley Farm.
Nichols Creekside Farm
John F. Cochran
John Henry Nichols and his brothers, Gilbert and R. C. Nichols, founded Nichols Creekside Farm, located 23 miles northeast of Centerville, Tenn., in 1879. On 168 acres, they raised hay, corn, hogs, cattle and chickens.
John was married to Sarah Caroline Jewell and they were the parents of four children. In 1913, the farm was sold to James Nichols, Robert Nichols and Tom Nichols. By 1925, James Nichols had become the sole owner of the farm. James was married to May Myrtle Anderson and they had 10 children. James was on the first board of directors of the Hickman County Farm Bureau, which was organized in 1930.
H. Nichols, the grandson of the founder, became the third generation to own the
farm in 1955. J. H. married Eva W. Nichols and they were busy raising grains,
vegetables, and livestock. They were also
active members in the community. Eva was a member of the home
demonstration club in
William J. Baker, the great-grandson of the founder, became the fourth generation to own the farm in 1992. He and wife Barbara Baker raised cattle and hay on the farm.
In 1997, the great-great-grandson of the founder, John F. Cochran, and his wife, Shirley, acquired the farm. Today, the owners and their son, John G. Cochran and his family, continue the farming traditions by raising hay and a herd of beef cattle.
Photo: A barn on the Nichols Creekside Farm.
William H. Nunnelly
Walter S. Nunnelly, III
In 1844, Lawson H. Nunnelly established the Nunnelly Farm. Located
The next owner of the property was Lawson’s and Elizabeth’s son, Walter S. Nunnelly. Under his ownership, starting in 1885, the farm produced a variety of livestock and row crops. Eleanor Nellie Phillips was Walter’s wife. Their six children were William, John Pitts, Kate, Anne, Elise and Harry.
In 1930, brothers William Henry
Nunnelly and John Pitts Nunnelly acquired the farm. William married Louise
Bailey and John Pitts wed Ellen Ambrose. In 1942, the great grandson of the
founder, Walter S. Nunnelly acquired the farm. Walter and his wife, Betty Jane
Cox raised corn, soybeans, hay, cattle and hogs on the farm. In 1983, their
sons William Nunnelly, II and Walter S.
Nunnelly, III acquired the farm. They
along with Sherman Gatlin, farm manager, work the farm which produces hay. The farm house that the brothers grew up in
was built in 1937 and still stands on the property. The ancestral home of the Nunnelly family,
built in 1823 by Robert Sheegog (who later moved to
Prince Lane Farm
Edwin Wayne Prince
Farms established in 1910 are now eligible to become Century Farms, and that designation applies to Prince Lane Farm, which was established by Joe Tyler Prince in September 1910. His father, Owen Alexander Prince, bought the farm for him and each of his seven children. Joe and his wife, Mary Jane Whiteside Prince, had 10 children, seven of whom survived to adulthood. Joe built on to an existing two-room cabin with a central dog trot by adding an upstairs and a room to the rear that served as a kitchen and eating space. On 130 acres, the family raised corn, hay, cattle, hogs, sheep, turkeys and chickens and had a small garden for the household needs. In 1919, Mary Jane purchased a piano from Sears and Roebuck. To make the $5 monthly payments, she sold eggs.
When Joe became ill, his sons Edwin and Edward assumed the farm work at a relatively early age. After Joe’s death in 1941, Mary Jane, along with her daughters, crocheted, knitted, embroidered, quilted and made their own clothes. Mary Jane quilted 10 quilts for her family, seven for her children and three for her three oldest grandchildren. Both she and her daughter, Annie Prince, were members of the Piney Home Demonstration Club and entered quilts, pies, and cakes in the Hickman County Fair.
After the death of Mary Jane, the land passed to Edwin A. Prince and his wife, Blanche; Annie Prince; and grandson Edwin Wayne Prince and his wife Jewell. Edwin Wayne had three children, Jane Ambrose-Herron, Tabby Plunkett, and John Prince. On 130 acres, they continued to raise hay, corn and soybeans and operate a cow/calf operation.
During the next 15 years, Edwin Wayne acquired the land owned by his parents and his aunt. By 1988, he owned all 130 acres of the original farm of Joe Tyler Prince as well as an additional 220 acres. Edwin and Jewell remain very active on the farm, tending to the cattle and other daily chores. They also raise hogs, sheep, chickens, corn, soybeans and hay.
Their children were very active in farm life as well. Jane was a 4-H state champion in 1983 and in 1984 and earned a trip to the World Poultry Conference in Helsinki, Finland. Attending the University of Tennessee at Knoxville, she received a degree in food science and technology. After graduation, she returned to Centerville.
Tabby was a 4-H winner in the swine project in 1989. She also showed hogs and steers and had a small herd of ewes from which she produced market lambs for showing. Like her sister, she also attended UT-Knoxville, where she excelled in dairy foods-judging, winning first place at the 1994 National Collegiate Dairy Foods Judging Competition. In 2002, she went back to college at Trevecca Nazarene University in Nashville, where she earned a master’s degree in library and information science. She now works with the Hickman County School System.
John was very active in citizenship, leadership, swine, poultry, beef and lamb projects. He raised and produced the state grand champion hog in 1991. He, too, attended UT-Knoxville and earned a master’s degree in agricultural economics in 2005; he now works for the U. S. Department of Agriculture.
There are several old structures standing on the Prince Lane Farm. The original house of Joe Tyler Prince remains standing and is used for storage. Joe Tyler Prince built a barn in 1919 that is used by the family for horses, mules and cattle. Also on the farm, which overlooks the Piney River, is a buggy shed dating to pre-automobile days. In the flood of May 2010 water rose to four feet in the shed.
The farm gets its name from the road built by Edward and Edwin Prince. With no equipment available at the time (1927), the twins built the road by means of a flip scoop and a team of mules.
Photo (left): This painting of the Prince House was created by local artist, Martha Chessor, and given to Wayne Prince as a present from his children.
Photo (right): The same house that is featured in the painting as it stands today. It is currently used for storage.
James Marlin Totty
Descendents of Robert and Matilda Totty also own the Riverview Farm,
which is located along the
Royal Oaks Farm s
Danny and Cheryl Rochelle
William Thomas Rochell purchased a farm in Hickman County in 1877, and by 1908 he had acquired 98 ¾ acres of land. He raised wheat, corn, cattle, sorghum (for molasses), mules and horses. He first married Emaline Osbourn. His second wife was Josephine Hassell. He was the father of nine children by both of his marriages.
Josephine Rochell acquired the farm in 1918, after William Thomas’s death. She continued to raise wheat, corn, hogs, cattle, mules, and horses on the land.
Joseph Benjamin Rochelle, a son of the founder, acquired the farm in 1920. He raised corn, wheat, hogs, cattle, and mules on his 250 acre farm. He married Willie Mae Grimes, and they were the parents of three children.
Billy Harville Rochelle, a grandson of the founder, acquired the family farm in 1968. He had 800 acres of land. He married Mattie Irene Bates, and they were the parents of two children.
Danny Rochelle, a great grandson of the founder, acquired the farm in 2001. He currently farms 1,000 acres and raises hogs, cattle, soybeans, wheat, tobacco, hay, and timber on the land. He is married to Cheryl Rochelle, and they are the parents of two children, Lindsey and Billy. Danny is also the Vice-President of the Tennessee Farm Bureau. Both Lindsey and Billy have been state winners in 4-H Leadership Projects. Danny, Cheryl, Lindsey, and Billy all work the land their family first started farming in 1877.
Photo (top center): This aerial view of the Royal Oaks Farms was taken in the mid 1940s just after electricity lines were erected. The barn in the foreground was constructed around a log crib built by William Thomas Rochelle about 1877. It is still in use today for hay storage and cattle working. The house started out as log dogtrot built by the founder from timber on the farm. As the family grew and became more prosperous, the house was built around the log building. The kitchen was originally built away from the house but an addition added about 1930 connected the two buildings. The chicken house and outhouse in the upper left. Just off the back porch area is the well house; the well was hand dug to 45 feet.
Photo (middle left): Image shows a farm worker in the late 1920s.
Photo (middle right): Image shows the homeplace in 1932 and the large oak trees that the farm was named for by the Home Demonstration clubs of Hickman County. Twelve of these giant trees stood around the house at one time but only one remains today. At the last count, the tree was about 160 years old.
Photo (bottom): Image shows the Rochelle family gathered to celebrate the fiftieth wedding anniversary of Joe and Willie Grimes Rochelle.
The Spring Mount Farm, formerly called the Pruett Farm, located near the mouth of Sugar Creek in the Only
Later in the nineteenth century, the farm passed to Josephine Spence Pruett, the granddaughter of the founders. Mrs. Pruett, in turn, left the property in 1892 to her son James Benjamin Pruett. When Childress Pruett acquired his tract of family land in 1939, he became the sixth generation owner. Childress and his wife Sudie Weatherspoon obtained an additional parcel of woodland in 1945 and with these two acquisitions they developed a prosperous farm. In 1976, their crops included corn, hay and livestock. Interstate Highway I-40 passes through the property and its right-of-way claims 30 acres of the original farm.
Childress and Sudie Pruett had no children and upon his death in August of 1993, he willed the Pruett Farm, which contains 460 acres, to his great-niece Melody Claud Skelton, leaving his wife Sudie a life estate. She died in 2006, having lived for nearly 78 years on the farm. Melody and her family reside in the large farmhouse that was constructed in 1906. Currently, the farm produces timber, cattle and hay.Photo: Located in the Only community, the Preutt house is a traditional frame I-house with an additional wing and front porch.
Tim Mathis Farm
James Timothy “Tim” Mathis
Tim Mathis Farm was founded by Zachary Taylor Coleman
in 1894. Married to Rhoda “Rody” Angeline Totty Coleman, the couple had seven
children: Florence Malina, S. Lillian, A. Aden, Harrell S., Mollie, H. Alvin
and Arthur L. On the 100 acres, the
family raised corn, hay, hogs and cattle.
In 1912, the founder’s son,
Today, the property pastures registered Black Angus cattle and
holds five hog barns for the farrow-to-finish hog operation owned by Tim, his
father Jimmy Mathis, and his brother Gary Mathis (see Mathis Angus Farms I and
Photo: Feeding cattle on the Tim Mathis Farm.
Dating to 1840, the Williams Farm is seven miles east of
In 1952, Mark P. Williams acquired the farm and until his recent death, he supervised agricultural operations that yielded corn, hay, cattle and swine. Miss Louisa Williams now manages the farm.