Jackson County was named in honor of Andrew Jackson and was established in 1801. Gainesboro serves as the county seat. Agriculture and timber has played a prominent role in the county’s history and economy. The county is home to the historic sites of Fort Blount and the nearby old townsite of Williamsburg that were significant frontier forts in the early settlement of the state. For more information regarding Jackson County, please go to the Tennessee Encyclopedia of History & Culture website.
|Farm Name||County||Date Founded||Special Recognition|
|Sutton Hollow Farm||Jackson||1895|
|The Morgan Farm||Jackson||1881|
|The Old Myers Farm||Jackson||1835|