Jefferson County

Jefferson County Map

This map is intended for general geographical understanding. It does not provide the specific locations of the farms in order to protect the owners’ privacy. Map Courtesy of Carole Swann, Tennessee Department of Agriculture.

Jefferson County was established in 1792 by Territorial Governor William Blount. The first permananet settlement at Dandridge dates to 1783 and eventually became the county seat. The county is home to Carson-Newman College that was established in 1851 and is now among the largest church-supported colleges in Tennessee. The county’s agricultural production encouraged the establishment of canning factories such as Stokely and Bush Brothers in the early twentieth century. For more information regarding Jefferson County, please go to the Tennessee Encyclopedia of History & Culture website.

Farm NameCountyDate FoundedSpecial Recognition
Oak Thicket Farm Jefferson 1792 Pioneer Century Farm
Old Loy Home Place Jefferson 1867
Riverbend Farm (Duignan-Hamilton Farm) Jefferson 1896
Ruby Bird Farm Jefferson 1898
S/V Big Bend Farm Jefferson 1905
The Old Brick Farm Jefferson 1792 Pioneer Century Farm
Warham Easley Cameron Farm Jefferson 1901
Wine Farm Jefferson 1874