Loudon County was established in 1870 from portions of Roane, Monroe and Blount counties. The county seat is Loudon. Although there were no major battles fought in the county during the Civil War, the bridge that crossed the Tennessee River at Loudon provided a strategic link between Knoxville and Chattanooga. In addition to the significant bridge, the county has also been home to the Bass Foundry and Machine Shop, a hosiery mill, and the Don P. Smith Chair Factory. The county also is home to Fort Loudon Dam and Tellico Lake. For more information regarding Loudon County, please go to the Tennessee Encyclopedia of History & Culture website.
|Farm Name||County||Date Founded||Special Recognition|
|H.E.F. Blair Farm||Loudon||1815|
|Harrison Bend Farm||Loudon||1849|
|Henry Madison West Farm||Loudon||1815|
|James Blair Farm||Loudon||1799|