Marshall County was established in 1836 and was named in honor of former U. S. Supreme Court Chief Justice John Marshall of Virginia. The county seat is Lewisburg. During the 1920s, the U. S. Department of Agriculture established the U. S. Dairy Experiment Station on the highway between Lewisburg and Cornersville. The experiment station led to the county’s rise to national prominence in the production of Jersey cattle. For more information regarding Marshall County, please go to the Tennessee Encyclopedia of History & Culture website.
|Farm Name||County||Date Founded||Special Recognition|
|Ancestral Farm and Home Place of Joseph and Sarah Robinson||Marshall||1837|
|Big Orange Country Farm||Marshall||1813|
|Briar Lane Farm||Marshall||1914|
|Fuller Homeplace Farm||Marshall||1811|
|Gladestone Farm (Ruth-E Farm)||Marshall||1783||Pioneer Century Farm|
|James Durham Turner Farm||Marshall||1885|