McNairy County was established in 1823 and named in honor of John McNairy, whom President George Washington had appointed as one of the three judges of the Southwest Territory. The county seat is Selmer near the railroad line of the Mobile and Ohio Railroad. For more information regarding McNairy County, please go to the Tennessee Encyclopedia of History & Culture website.
|Farm Name||County||Date Founded||Special Recognition|
|Canaday Brothers Farm||McNairy||1848|
|Circle A Ranch--Ashe Farm||McNairy||1911|
|Circle A Ranch--Boyd Farm||McNairy||1908|