Meigs County was created in 1836 and named after Return Jonathan Meigs, a colonel in the American Revolutionary War and later an Indian agent from 1801 until his death in 1823. The county seat is Decatur. Meigs County has many prehistoric and Cherokee sites because the area was initially inhabited by many generations of Native Americans. During the 1940s, the Tennessee Valley Authority brought changes to the county with the construction of Chicamauga Lake and Watts Bar Dam. For more information regarding Meigs County, please go to the Tennessee Encyclopedia of History & Culture website.
|Farm Name||County||Date Founded||Special Recognition|
|A.K. Davis Farm||Meigs||1874|
|Agency Creek Acres Farm||Meigs||1829|
|Dake Farm (aka Willow Oaks)||Meigs||1885|
|E.O. McNabb Farm||Meigs||1869|
|Griffith Place Farm||Meigs||1847|
|Sam H. Davis Jr. Farm||Meigs||1881|