Overton County was established in 1806 and named in honor of John Overton, a Nashville Judge. Although the county seat was originally Monroe, it was eventually changed to Livingston in 1835 as traffic in Monroe began to decline. Two major industries in the county’s history has been lumbering and coal mining and each of them have provided booms to the county’s economy. The county also has two recreational facilities with Standing Stone State Park and Dale Hollow Lake. For more information regarding Overton County, please go to the Tennessee Encyclopedia of History & Culture website.
|Farm Name||County||Date Founded||Special Recognition|
|Archibald Qualls Farm||Overton||1840|
|Bob Gore Farm||Overton||1870|
|Cream Valley Farm||Overton||1894|
|F. M. Gore Farm||Overton||1868|
|Full Circle Farms||Overton||1885|
|Hartsaw Cove Farm||Overton||1792||Pioneer Century Farm|