Williamson County

Williamson County Map

This map is intended for general geographical understanding. It does not provide the specific locations of the farms in order to protect the owners’ privacy. Map Courtesy of Carole Swann, Tennessee Department of Agriculture.

Williamson County was established in 1799 and was named for Dr. Hugh Williamson, a Revolutionary patriot and distinguished statesman from North Carolina. The county seat is Franklin. During the Civil War, Franklin and its surrounding communities suffered extreme hardships as a result of Union army occupation. During the war and Reconstruction, two of Williamson County’s most important historical cemeteries were established. The McGavock Confederate Cemetery is the largest private Confederate cemetery in America, while the Toussaint L’Overture County Cemetery is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. For more information regarding Williamson County, please go to the Tennessee Encyclopedia of History & Culture website.

Farm NameCountyDate FoundedSpecial Recognition
Luster Farm Williamson 1906 African American
Maple Crest Stock Farm Williamson 1870
Maplewood Farm Williamson 1810 NR
Moss Side Farm Williamson 1810
Nichols Jersey Farm Williamson 1909
Ozburn Hollow Farm Williamson 1806
Peaceful Valley Farm Williamson 1905
Pleasant View Farm Williamson 1848
Poynor Farm Williamson 1838
Reynolds' Grant Williamson 1865