J. C. Leming Farm
Patsy Spencer Richardson
Sometime around 1900, James C. Leming and his wife, Mary Francis Sherill Leming, acquired 50 acres of land in Normandy, Tennessee. The Lemings had six children and raised cattle and timber on the farm.
The next owner of the property was James and Mary’s daughter, Lucretia Leming. She and her husband, Robert Sydney Spencer had four children. On the farm, they raised horses, goats and cattle. Their sons, William M. Spencer and James Hoyte Spencer inherited the property after their parents’ deaths.
The current owners of the farm are Patsy Spencer Richardson, the great granddaughter of the founder and her husband James Larry Richardson. Although the old farm house has decayed over time, the family still raises cattle and timber.