Jefferson County was established in 1792 by Territorial Governor William Blount. The first permananet settlement at Dandridge dates to 1783 and eventually became the county seat. The county is home to Carson-Newman College that was established in 1851 and is now among the largest church-supported colleges in Tennessee. The county’s agricultural production encouraged the establishment of canning factories such as Stokely and Bush Brothers in the early twentieth century. For more information regarding Jefferson County, please go to the Tennessee Encyclopedia of History & Culture website.
|Farm Name||County||Date Founded||Special Recognition|
|Bud Ballinger Farm||Jefferson||1795||Pioneer Century Farm r|
|Cedar Hill Farm||Jefferson||1899|