Montgomery County was established in 1796 and its county seat is Clarksville. Throughout most of its history, Montgomery County and Clarksville have been well known for its production of dark fired tobacco and it has served as a primary cash crop for the county. During World War II, the U. S. Army established Camp Campbell and by 1950 the post became a permanent site known as Fort Campbell. In addition to Fort Campbell, the county is also home to Austin Peay State University. For more information regarding Montgomery County, please go to the Tennessee Encyclopedia of History & Culture website.
|Farm Name||County||Date Founded||Special Recognition|
|The Ol' Ledford Farm||Montgomery||1880||African-American Founder|
|Three C Farm||Montgomery||1890|
|Triple J Farms||Montgomery||1874|
|W.C. Harvey Farm||Montgomery||1868|
|W.E. Jones Farm||Montgomery||1879|