Smith County

Smith County Map

This map is intended for general geographical understanding. It does not provide the specific locations of the farms in order to protect the owners’ privacy. Map Courtesy of Carole Swann, Tennessee Department of Agriculture.

Smith County was established in 1799 and was named in honor of General Daniel Smith. Carthage serves as the county seat and the town’s courthouse is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. During the steamboat era, Carthage served as an important port and trade center. For most of its history, Smith County’s industry has been associated with farm products such as distilleries, grist and flour mills, tanneries, saltpeter, tobacco and timber. For more information regarding Smith County, please go to the Tennessee Encyclopedia of History & Culture website.

Total Records Found: 67, showing 10 per page
Farm NameCountyDate FoundedSpecial Recognition
Phillips Farm Smith 1859
Pigeon Roost Road Farm Smith 1900
Point Breeze Farm Smith 1803
Polly Hill Farm Smith 1851
R.L. Alvis Farm Smith 1881
Rocky Retreat Smith 1872
S.S. Webster Farm Smith 1919
Scudder Farms Smith 1892
Sloan Branch Farm Smith 1893
Sloan Farm Smith 1818